Multibase

Multibase™ is a versatile, oil­-in-­water natural vanishing cream that uses oleosomic emulsifiers and penetration enhancers. It is a great oil­free moisturizing base that provides natural skin penetration. MultiBase™ is designed for both hydrophilic and lipophilic actives and exhibits superior stability in the presence of low and high pH, high salt, high ethanol and high polar compounds, allowing for flexible compounding and formulation options.

Multibase™ Benefits:

  • Mineral oil­-free, gluten­-free & propylene glycol­-free
  • Noncomedogenic
  • Enhanced drug absorption & penetration
  • Ideal for vaginal preparations
  • Stable over a broad range pH
  • API compatibility – hydrophilic & lipophilic
  • Natural ingredients – moisturizers derived from berries, grapes, plums & pears;
  • emulsifiers derived from vegetable fatty acids & palm oil; thickening agents derived from
    coconut oil

When do you need Multibase™?

  • When you want more efficacious active drug absorption than with traditional vanishing
    bases.
  • When you want to incorporate both oil & water soluble ingredients.
  • When you want a non­comedogenic moisturizing cream that is oil­-free.

MULTIBASE™ PROPERTIES

pH 7.0
Specific Gravity 0.90 g/mL
Viscosity 250,000 cps
Physical Format Heavy Cream/td>
Color White
Transdermal Penetration ++
API Compatibility Hydrophilic 10% & Lipophilic 20% ­ Total API Load ­ 30%
pH Compatibility 3.0­-11.0
Salt Tolerance Salt Forms ­ 10%
Solvent Compatibility Polar & Non-polar
Typical Applications Hormone Replacement (topical & vaginal), Dermatology,
Pain Management, Sports Medicine

Additional Resources