SaltStable LO™ is a ready-to-use transdermal cream base providing an elegant alternative to traditional PLOs. It’s uniquely designed for long shelf, temperature and physical stability; it will not separate in the presence of high levels of ionic substances or when refrigerated. It uses emulsifiers and hydrocolloids that provide a chemical penetration enhancer (CPE) value superior to a PLO. SaltStable LO™ is cosmetically elegant and compatible with both hydrophilic and lipophilic APIs allowing for compounding flexibility.
SaltStable LO™ Benefits:
- Efficacious active drug absorption
- Validated in vitro transdermal penetration & API compatibility
- Temperature stable & two year shelf stable
- Hydrophilic compatibility – high levels of ionic powders can be directly incorporated
- Lipophilic compatibility – moderate levels of oil-soluble powders can be levigated with glycerin, propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol (PEG) 300 or 400, or alcohol
- Cosmetically elegant – not tacky or sticky
- Natural ingredients – resulting in less irritation
When do you need SaltStable LO™?
- When you want a more efficacious active drug absorption than with PLO.
- When you want to incorporate high levels of ionic substances.
- When you want a creamier, more cosmetically elegant and less sticky base than with a PLO.
- When you want a penetrating cream that can be refrigerated.
- When you want 90 day beyond-use-dating.
SALTSTABLE LO PROPERTIES:
|Specific Gravity||1.00 g/mL|
|Physical Forma||Heavy Cream|
|API Compatibility||Hydrophilic 35% & Lipophilic 10% - Total API Load 35%|
|Typical Applications||Pain Management, Sports Medicine, Veterinary Medicine|